Monday 28 March 2016

To Vang Vieng


Vang Vieng was not really my favorite place in Laos the first time round but I remembered the landscape being nice.



So instead of staying another day in Vientiane, I set off for the relatively short drive to Vang Vieng.



The roads were mostly good but some were under construction and about halfway through or 80km before Vang Vieng the potholes started to become bigger until there wasn't much road left in places.



While I didn't think much of Vang Vieng itself, the landscape was great and I did see one of the most impressive sunsets here last time round.



Well, the city itself is still nothing to write home about and it's full of tourists and places catering for them, all looking almost identical with identical places.



The landscape around however is still fantastic and makes suffering through some backpackers worth it.




If you're a Friends fan, you're in luck as there still are some bars/restaurants playing Friends episodes all day long in front of lethargic backpackers.
While I don't mind friends, I didn't think much of the crowd and instead had my beer at a bar overlooking the river instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment