Thursday 28 August 2014

Day 369 - NYC Downtown Architecture


After posting a lot of people photos the past days I thought a small change would be good for today's post.







I started the day with a visit to the WTC Memorial Gardens before meeting a friend for lunch in Jersey.




After lunch I headed back to Manhattan and initially planned to take the Staten Island Ferry but then decided to walk to and across the Brooklyn Bridge.




I really like the Brooklyn Bridge and always try to walk across and take photos whenever I'm in New York.




It also helps that the DUMBO area is very nice to spend time in so crossing the bridge is a nice way to get there.




The weather was great again and when I started walking across the bridge, the sun started to go down so it provided for some nice shadows and light.




The DUMBO area has seen quite a bit of improvement in the times I've been there and has now more cafes, restaurants and the parks have also been done up.

There was also a cool and free outdoor cinema screening of Monty Python's The Quest for the Holy Grail.


No comments:

Post a Comment