Saturday 12 July 2014

Day 322 - Arriving in Vigan


When I took the night bus, I bought a ticket all the way to Laoag, forgetting how uncomfortable night buses are. So when the bus drove into Vigan in the morning, I had enough and decided to just get off here.







Vigan was the city I wanted to see anyway but I figured I go to Laoag first to rent a motorbike there and drive back down to Vigan and the rice terraces in Banaue.




I did like Vigan immediately as it was a nice small town with friendly people and a nice old part which is now a UNESCO World Heritage.




Since I didn't have anything planned or even booked, the first thing was to get coffee and sort a hotel out.




After checking in to my hotel, I started walking around to explore the city but also to find a motorbike to rent.




It turned out that renting a motorbike here was impossible and renting a car so expensive that it was cheaper to just go ahead and buy a motorbike (something I did consider).




Since I didn't get anywhere with the motorbike rental, I decided to just leave it for and just enjoy the city for today.

Tomorrow was another day to try and find out more.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment