Monday 12 May 2014

Day 279 - Jagalchi Market


No matter where in the world you are, markets are always some of the most interesting places to see and visit. This is no different in Busan where the Jagalchi Market was recommend for a visit last time but then I could not make it.






I am glad that I went there though as it's a pretty cool market, it has the usual cleanliness and fresh produce as seen on other markets in Korea plus you get to see a lot of different fish and seafood.





Next to all of the fish, you can also buy shoes and some other things for when you really need them.





I spent a lot of time walking around the market and this was before I realized the open air market is just one part of the market and you have a lot more in the main market building.





The fish all look very fresh and you can also eat some at the restaurants around the market, some of the fishand seafood I don't even know and have not seen before so this made it very interesting.




The market was a great place to visit and I spent quite a bit of time walking around and could have probably spent even more time overall.


2 comments:

  1. Interestin how women seem to dominate the fish market. I also liked the juxtaposition of the shoes and fish for sale. I guess that is if your "soles" are worn out. :-)

    Another interesting series, Cristi, and a fascinating glimpse of a different culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Calvin!

    Nice pun with the 'soles'. :D

    ReplyDelete