Friday 28 March 2014

Day 234 - More from George Town

 

After seeing most of the street art yesterday, I went to check out some of the historical clan houses and some temples today.






Walking to some of the temples meant I had to walk past some of the newer residential areas and these are, like almost everywhere in Asia, just high rises without too much character. There are some old mansions in between although quite a few seem empty and abandoned.




After visiting the temples, I went to visit the Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion, one of the most well known old mansions in Penang. It is very nice with the deep blue colour and has been nicely restored judging from some before and after photos.




The next stop after this mansion was the Peranakan Mansion, while ina  different style and green in colour, it is bigger and there is more to see then in the Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion.







Once I have finished with the old mansions it was time to just chill and wander around town to enjoy the atmosphere.




In the evening I walked around the street food stalls and the main bar area near my guest house.


No comments:

Post a Comment