Wednesday 18 December 2013

Day 134 - The Way to Son La


After a slightly foggy morning it cleared up and it was another great day for being out driving. Despite what these pictures might look like, it was quite chilly on the bike while driving but not too bad.




The roads were quite good and free, aside from the occasional water buffalo crossing, so I could make very good progress on my way to Son La.





It ks great to be flexible and decide when to stop and where to take pictures. The ride through the mountains offers great views weather you go over a pass and see the valley below or come across one of the lakes and reservoirs.



Due to the pretty good roads and me driving quite fast, I arrived in Son La before it got dark so had plenty of time to find a nice guest house.




The evening was just spent walking around Son La and having dinner.
Tomorrow will be a busy day as I will not only try to get to see some of the sights in Son La but also make it the 200km to Sapa.
So far I could only reasonably make 100-150km a day before it got dark on these roads and with having some time to take pictures in between and enjoy the scenery.



No comments:

Post a Comment