Saturday 17 September 2011

GXR Mount A12 at London Open Day 2011


A small series taken during my short visit to City Hall during London's Open House event today.
The pictures have been taken with the GXR Mount A12 and the Ricoh GR 28mm lens (1. and 3.), the Voigtlander Heliar 15mm lens (2. and 4.) and the Zeiss Bigon 35mm lens (5.), all are JPGs out of the camera. The module is fantastic and it feels great to use, shame I did not have more time to take pictures for today. One thing I hope we'll see in a GXR II body is a flip screen like on the Sony NEX though, this would make things so much easier.




3 comments:

  1. Great shots . the grey sky in the first shot is perfect. So is the shield on the back. Thanks for showing them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a great fan of Zeiss lenses and have to say I was a little bit disappointed with the example shown here. It doesn't have the typical Zeiss look.

    However, the GR lens and A12 Mount looks like a match made in heaven.

    I look forward to more examples.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments!

    When I saw the scene in the first shot I ran out to take a few pictures but should have changed lens for the wider Heliar 15mm.
    I like how the GXR Mount reproduced the tones and there is a lot of detail in there.

    Calvin, I am not sure about the Zeiss look but quite like how sharp the lens is.
    Maybe have a look at Tom's blog, it's his lens so he will have more examples taken with the GXR Mounta and the Zeiss: http://tomsilc.blogspot.com/

    The GR lens on the other hand is fantastic and well worth getting.

    ReplyDelete