Saturday 22 January 2011

Holyhead - Day 1


The first day in Holyhead was all about hiking over the mountain all the way to the South Stack lighthouse to take pictures. After much deliberation I decided to take the GXR with 28mm A12 module but instead of taking the 50mm A12 module alongside I went for the GF1 with the 50mm Nokton lens to see how it fares when used for landscapes.
Both cameras did an excellent job and especially the Nokton realy impressed me when shooting wide open, you do get vignetting and soft corners but it gives a very unique look to the pictures and almost a tilt-shift effect. I took some of my best landscape shots out of this and especially the 3rd picture is my favorite from the trip but you do need to see it fullsize to spot the boat.

If you want to see more pictures from Holyhead go to my Dropbox gallery here.





2 comments:

  1. A lovely series, Cristian. Winter time adds a certain starkness to coastal shots. I used to visit Anglesey in the summer as a boy. Thanks for bringing back happy memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Calvin!

    Glad my pictures brought back happy memories.

    ReplyDelete