Tuesday 16 February 2010

Piggyback

GRD, f2.4, 1/100, ISO 400, JPG sepia

Don't know why but I really like this picture. Maybe it's the reflection of the kids face in the window or maybe I just looked too long at the grainy pictures in the two photo books I received today.

The books I got were The Americans by Robert Frank and Dream Street by W. Eugene Smith. Both are excellent and I can only recommend them.
Not that my picture is as good as the ones in the book but both books show that just because a picture is blurry, grainy, out of focus or all of these, it can still work great and be an excellent picture. Look at some of the most highly regarded street and journalistic photographers and you see that some of their best pictures are far from being technically perfect, or at least what most people today consider perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Bonding of the two, warm up the cold winter.
    Thanks for nice shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! I am glad you like the picture.

    ReplyDelete