Saturday 20 February 2010

Here's looking at me


Yesterday, I got the S10 module from Ricoh and took it for a walk today. The weather was great and I took hundreds of pictures.
I am not sure if it was the weather, the new module for the GXR or anything else but I was very inspired and could not stop taking pictures. I filled 8GB worth of SD cards and even had to charge the GXR battery during the day.

Since I took so many pictures, I decided to post a series here and upload quite a lot more to my gallery. Head over there if you want to see all my favorite pictures from today.




4 comments:

  1. The joy photography are all over the mood of these photos, may be it's window display, or fruits color or the boy's half smile face, good happy photos. By the way how do you feel a bout S10 Camera Unit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment!

    I had a great time out taking pictures and am glad it shows.
    I actually like the S10 modole and prefer the 4:3 format and higher DOF to the A12 module. There is also no screen freeze with this unit when focusing.
    Unfortunately the AF is still pretty sluggish and the dynamic range is extremely poor, here Ricoh has not caught up to Panasonic. The JPG engine is also rubbish for the lack of a better word, it's full of horrible NR smearing at all ISOs.

    Still, I quite like the module overall and need to play around with it some more to come to a better conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot of the woman framed by the mirror. The decisive moment captured par excellence.

    Interesting comments about the S10 module, all the more valuable because you tell it how it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment Calvin, her shot is also my favorite from this series.
    There is another in the gallery which is my favorite for the day though.

    I think it's best for everybody to tell how things are and not hide things or ignore problems if they affect the use.

    ReplyDelete