Friday 22 May 2009

Boats in the Mist

GRD, f5, 1/100, ISO 400, JPG b&w

On my way to Dublin I made a stop-over in Holyhead. Getting here on the train was very nice and we passed many great picture opportunities but unfortunatelly it does not work well to take pictures from a train. The weather was mixed with dark clouds and sunshine which gave a dramatic light to everything. As soon as we passed the border to the island of Anglesey this all changed and both the landscape and weather were almost like out of a Sherloc Holmes book. This is how I always imagined Dartmoor, foggy, grey sky with light rain and the dark green landscape with rocks scathered around. After getting to Holyhead I went for a walk, it is a very small town where nothing much happens from the looks of it but it provided some nice picture opportunities.
I took a few pictures with the GRD I at ISO 400 because the light was low at 9pm and I also wanted tne extra noise. I have a few cameras and have seen pictures taken with different cameras but no camere has the same effect on me. The GRD I always impresses me with the crisp images, they have a lot of noise but also a lot of details and most important character.
I made the choice to only take the GRD I with me on this trip and no adapter lenses or anything else. Sometimes it's good to travel light and limit the choices one has.

No comments:

Post a Comment