Friday 5 December 2008

Waiting to Cross

GRD, f2.4, 1/50, ISO 1600, JPG b&w

Took it easy today, had a look around the shops for UMPCs and cameras. Ricoh cameras here are more expensive than in the UK so this was a big surprise but they are available everywhere and not only in selected shops. Need to check out some more photography oriented shops. To bring this into perspective, the cameras cost more but mainly due to the British Pound being not much worth at the moment. Hope they will introduce the Euro in the UK or it will be very expensive to travel soon.
For UMPCs I had a look at the 'HP mini 1000' and the 'Asus eee S101', both are very sleek and light. While the Asus looks slightly more expensive, as it is more expensive, it is the HP that has the best keyboard I've seen on any notebook. The Q1 Ultra however is still one of the best portable devices and turns heads wherever you go, still don't get how Samsung managed to completely mis-market this or not market it at all. I still hope they will release a Q2 Ultra with a keyboard like the 'Wibrain B1/i1'.

8 comments:

  1. Great capture Cristi...I could tell immediately that it was a GRD shot. :) Have a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice GRD shot but you have added even more to your dropbox album i see :)
    Having fun on your 'business' trip ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope for the Euro in the UK too ( I carry both currencies in my wallet) but love the current Sterling to Euro conversion rate ;-).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shot.
    I agree travelling overseas is going to be an expensive exercise for the foreseeable future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks James, no other camera has that unique look at ISO 1600.

    Tom, I always try to update both so checking out the Dropbox gallery is worth it.

    Marco, in your situation I would not mind the UK not getting the Euro ;).

    You are right yesbuts, hope the pound will pick up a bit and this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photograph. I love the single currency in mainland Europe. No trading and so. But the Euro was a bit too high in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Wouter.
    The single currency makes travel within Europe much easier now.

    ReplyDelete