Thursday 4 December 2008

Hong Kong Bay

GX200, f5.7, 4 sec., ISO 64, RAW, 24mm

Arrived in Hong Kong and went straight for a walk. It's much hotter than expected but this is quite nice after the weather in London. Hong Kong so far is great for street photography and long exposures at night, so my choice to take the GRD I and GX200 was definitely right. Although I also have the R10 and GRD II along but these are here to help me finish the reviews.
If you're interested to see more pictures from HK have a look here, the Gallery will be updated as I go along and have time. Dropbox is a really good tool for this.

As a note, I will not always have time to reply to the comments but will reply to all the latest when I'm back.

12 comments:

  1. Hey i'm the first one to leave a comment this time!!

    So the weather is nice and you've already taken plenty of pics. I'm guessing tomorrow you will waste no time and check out where the camera district is, or maybe the technology one to see what UMPC's they have. Keep up the good work and let me know if they have any cheap M mount 28mm f2 lenses :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a great visit.
    Will be interested to read the difference in camera prices between Hong Kong and London.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christi,
    I just did some harbour shootouts tonight. Were you there? If you saw a man with a GX200 around his neck wandering around, it was me.

    Welcome to Hong Kong.
    Nevin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, Ricoh is offering a big discount on GRDii, and a slighter cut off GX200/R10 price.

    Details here: http://ricoh-gx.blogspot.com/2008/12/ricoh-discount-offers-to-herald-coming.html

    If you are going to loot some photographic staff, look for Man Shing in Mongkok. Some other shops offer cheaper price though. But they are not in TST.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy Hong Kong. Great place to take pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your comments guys!
    HK is a fantastic place to take pictures.
    The prices for technology are unfortunatelly not as competitive due to the weak pound :(.

    Nevin, if you read this, I will be again in front of the HK Exhibition Centre tomorrow at 8:15pm where the three flags are if you want to meet up. I'll have a GX200 with adapter lens around my neck and my brown leather bag. Otherwise send me an email with your number and we can arrange something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great architectural view from a human perspective standpoint.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks James!
    I wanted to combine both, the street photography and architecture/cityscaper I mentioned in my post with this picture

    ReplyDelete
  10. A good start. Have a great stay in Hong Kong.

    ReplyDelete