Monday 29 December 2008

December Sun

R10, f5.1, 1/800, ISO 100, JPG

Took this picture on my way to work this morning while walking across London Bridge. This is a picture where the R10 was best due to the extra zoom. I cropped it to the 16:9 format since it reminds me a bit of a scene from a Michael Bay movie.
Changed the levels in Photo Shop and used the highlight recovery tool but did not change much else. Turning sharpening down to -1, contrast to +2 and color depth to +1 gives great results with the R10 as long as you don't underexpose much. RAW would be great to have or the option to turn the noise reduction completely off.

4 comments:

  1. Incredible how sharp this is. It looks pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wouter, the R10 images are very sharp indeed which is why you have to turn the sharpening down slightly. This here is even sharper in original before the bad Picasa recompression took place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS YOUR UMPC 600 800 133 MH
    I WANT BY ONE THEY COME IN 600 800 133 MH WHAT ONE SOULD I BY 600 OR 800 OR 133 THANK YOU TOMMY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tommy, the Samsung Q1 Ultra has a 800MHz CPU. You can find more details here: http://www.umpcportal.com/products/Samsung/Q1%20Ultra/Q1U-XP

    I would recommend going for at least a 800MHz CPU to be able to edit pictures without too much problems.

    ReplyDelete