Friday 7 November 2008

Ricoh GR1 - Day 5


After today I still have 3 pictures left on the film so it might get me through the weekend. This is one of my favorite picture from the week and yesterday's featured picture was also taken today with a few other pictures I quite like. I could have easily finished the film but decided to make it to 7 days.

Today, I could also go to a concert and start the low light, high ISO comparison but only between the 2 GRDs. Will have to sort through the pictures and will post a preview soon.

2 comments:

  1. You have inspired me. For some time, I've been thinking about shooting film for a month. Now, I'm actually going to do it.

    I enjoyed my film cameras because they made me think. I consciously decided how much depth of field I wanted in exchange for shutter speed.

    The GRD lets me shoot with reckless abandonment. It has it's place, but enjoyed the thinking that film requires. So, the next 30 days will be shot with film from my freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Dwight, glad my post has inspired you.
    I know what you mean by saying the film cameras mke you think. It was definitely a different shooting experience for me this week.
    I am and never was as comfortable with film as I am with digital so I will do this again soon and try to improve at this.
    The GRD has a huge advantage and this is the defth of field provided by the small sensor, for street photography there is nothing better but sometimes it's nice to have the choice.
    Enjoy shooting film!

    ReplyDelete