Monday 3 November 2008

Ricoh GR1 - Day 1


Ok, off to the GR1 week. Unfortunatelly, since the GR1 uses the rather 'outdated' sensor technology caled "film" I have to wait till the end of the week to review my pictures due to the very slow procesing. Also the ISO is fixed at 200, b&w mode does not work either and I have to replace the sensor after each 36 pictures. ;)

So you don't think I just forgot to update my blog, I will keep updating it every day with a place holder picture. These pictures will all be taken with the GRD II and removed once the proper pictures are up. The text might also be ammended.

8 comments:

  1. You have the same GR1!! I just love that finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll b buying a GR1 here soon. If I can find one for a reasonable price state-side that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder how you feel about having to wait for the development of the film. After switching to digital I found shooting film not to be much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The finish is great and I really like it but find Ricoh really improved on it with the GRD, the softer rubber and different metal used feels nicer.

    Austin, the GR1 is a great camera if you like film and always gets attention by people who know about film cameras.

    Marco, I feel exactly like you but never thought film as fun. I kind of miss the immediacy of digital photography and it makes me more detached from the process of taking pictures. Having to wait and pay to see my pictures is also a big drawback. I understand why people shoot film but if it weren't for digital I would not be into photography, film has too many drawbacks (for me).

    ReplyDelete
  5. To make the film last a week, are you going to limit yourself to five shots per day?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have actually only 18 pictures left on the film so have to limit myself even more. But I have the GRD II with me if I see something where I want to take more pictures of.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you know how many rolls of 35mm film I have shot since I bought a Nikon D70?

    One.

    It's still inside my analog Nikon and I have frames left.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marco, I think digital is so much more convenient that shooting film is more for fun and to get a change.

    ReplyDelete