Wednesday 8 October 2008

You and Me

GRD, f2.4, 1/100, ISO 400, JPG b&w

I have taken a few picturs today and most have a much better composition than this one and I did not have to crop them that much but I think this picture is great. It's not the composition or the exposure or anything else but just being able to capture this moment what made this picture for me. I saw this while waling past and this was the best I could do in the split second I had to capture it. The great thing is the very fast AF of the GRD I that allowed me to get at least something.

8 comments:

  1. A nice and very GRDish shot. Like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet scene with lovely grains. I like it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just left enough of a clue in the top right hand corner - City Hall, MORE London. (There some interesting geometric shapes to be photographed in the office building they are putting up now).

    You captured a tender moment perfectly. (B&W seems to give a softer more romantic image).

    Thanks for the offer to try out a Ricoh - but with the uncertainty over the economy, I have had to put the purchase of a camera on hold :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments guys.

    Yesbuts, it was indeed just in front of the City Hall.
    Ricoh might announce their new cameras soon so putting the purchase on hold might work in your favor. And you do a great job as it is with the G9.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You captured it just as you would have seen them as you glimpsed over while passing by.Nice job.
    Dave_Ct_usa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment Dave!
    Sometimes we only get a glimpse of a special moment between two people and I was lucky to have my camera ready and take the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Photo...

    Do you know where can I get GX200 RAW's in different ISO settings?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Royi.

    For the GX200 RAW files you can find some here and in the other review threads: http://www.ricohforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1745

    Photographyblog also has a few RAW files from the GX200: http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews_ricoh_gx200_3.php

    ReplyDelete