Tuesday 9 September 2008

We're Walking Together

GRD II, f4, 1/320, ISO 200, RAW

Before I retire my old GRD I and start using the new GRD I, I will have another week with the GRD II.
Since it's late only a quick update. Took the picture while out for lunch, when I saw them in front I walked faster but waited till they were almost between the pillars and also almost framed by the buses. I was quite intrigued by the way they were walking together and thought it would make for a great picture, indeed it ended up being my only picture for today.

Fellow blogger Wouter has a very interesting topic and discussion going on here. So check it out and post your opinion about what matters in photography and why we always end up talking more about the gear than the pictures. Also make sure you check out his other great GX100 and GX200 pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cristi
    I think the photo suffers from too much clutter, the bus stop sign and bus. Perhaps a closer crop of the couple in B&W would work better.

    Camera talk - yes that's what keep the manufactures in business, and why they release "n" models each year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with yesbuts. It would be an awesome photograph without the bus and the signs. Sigh, you can't have it all. A pitty, our small sensor cameras don't have shallow DoF.

    And thanks Cristi for mentioning the discussion and photographs!

    Wouter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments. You are both right, the picture does suffer from too much clutter. Think converting it to b&w would have been better. Shallow DOF would have been the best option but indeed, you can't have it all.

    ReplyDelete