Saturday 6 September 2008

The Vultures

GRD, f5.6, 1/310, ISO 400, JPG b&w, 40mm

The day started very nice with sunshine but then the rain caught up and it did not stop till the evening. Anyway, the plan was to go to the 'Nacht der Museen' (Museum's Night) so the weather outside does not matter too much. This is a very good idea where museums are open till 2am and have various events. It was very nice and something different to do on a Saturday night, especially a rainy Saturday night.
This picture however was taken in the city before the rain started. It is a bit blurry, the 40mm lens was a bit limiting but after boosting the contrast and adding some vignetting it is my favorite picture for today.

4 comments:

  1. I've been keeping up with your Blog for the past month, and I must say, this is my favorite image so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Austin. I have just looked at your blog and have to say your pictures are great. Will make sure I visit the blog regulary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, keeping the museum open until late is a great idea - I think Tate Modern does it on Fridays and Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is interesting, will have to check if other museums do it, too. Could be fun to do on some weekends.

    ReplyDelete