Sunday 14 September 2008

Thames Festival


Today it will be more pictures and less talk from me. Spent most of the day walking around the Thames Festival taking pictures. Took only the LC1 with me and got through almost two batteries, it really consumes a lot of power even if you only use the EVF. In manual focus it preformed great, was fast and easy to use. Only problems came up as soon as the light levels dropped and the f2 lens with a max. ISO of 400 were not good enough to capture the action and it was a pain to focus fast enough with the lens at f2. This is why I need a camera with a very fast lens and at least ISO 1600 at least in GRD I quality.
Anyway, enjoy my ten of my favorite pictures, if I would have to select only one image it would have been the last one. All taken as JPGs and slightly processed, mostly noise reduction and contrast adjustments with some cropping. More pictures will be uploaded to Flickr soon.










4 comments:

  1. Nice shots taken on Blackfriars Bridge.
    ISO 1600 - the noise :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Yesbuts!
    The noise is at ISO 400, the LC1 only goes up to ISO 400 :(. Should've taken my GRD I as a backup and for these shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you posted a set of photographs. You start to get the feeling of a story unfold.

    And the 'sharing the iPod' photograph is absolutely fantastic. A big fave from me.

    Wouter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Wouter!
    I've been inspired by your sets so I decided to post more than one picture.

    ReplyDelete