Sunday 7 September 2008

I Heart Switzerland

GRD, f2.4, 1/15, ISO 400, JPG b&w

The rain finally stopped after a wet morning. Today is my last day in Zurich so I won't have time to enjoy the sunshine too much. It was a very nice weekend in Zurich even with the rain.
You might have noticed that the pictures from this weekend are all taken with the GRD I in b&w and ISO 400. And indeed, I only took my old GRD I with both adapter lenses for one last trip before it retires and the new GRD I takes over. The GRD performed great and the ISO 400 pictures are detailed and crisp, the color pictures have a very nice, under saturated look that I really like and the b&w pictures are all contrasty with nice grain. The only problems are the focus in low light, especially with the 40mm lens, and the LCD screen which is not as good as on the GRD II. But it still delivers in all the other areas.

6 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous photograph Cristi. It looks so good at large! Does anyone want to buy a GX200? I want a GRD I too :D

    And you gotta love Switzerland despite the rain. A wonderful country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done, with the square format : i like it very much !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Wouter!
    Sorry to see you don't seem to get along that well with the GX200. I think you should have a look for a GRD I and give it a try. It might be what you're looking for.

    Thanks for your comment Val!
    I never used the 1:1 format before getting the GRD II but now I start composing pictures in the square format even on the GRD I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good weekend.

    Sorry you had rain, one consolation it rained in London - nothing more annoying as going away to return to find the weather had been nicer at home.

    Now, its not that I don't believe you went to Zurich, but where are the gnome photos? :)

    Well captured reflection in the rain pool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, at least this is a consolation to know that the weather here hasn't been much better ;).

    Hehe, I do not have any Gnome photos but will check if I have anything that comes close :).

    The reflection was in a drop of tea in a cool coffee and cake place. It's called Cakefriends and if you're in Zurich try it out, very nice.

    ReplyDelete