Sunday 21 September 2008

High in the Sky

GRD II, f5.6, 1/640, ISO 80, RAW

The weather was great again today so made the best out of it and went for a long walk around Blackheath and Greenwich. Despite this, I only took a few pictures and this was my favorite one. I wanted to get the shadow of the kite in there and managed it in this picture.
Despite what everyone says, for me the GRD II just has more noise and less details compared with the GRD I even when developing the RAW files. Maybe I am just not good enough at processing RAW files but I never managed to get GRD II RAW files to look as crisp as the JPGs and RAW files from the GRD I. Even at low ISOs the GRD II does not work for me as well and RAW is not the answer.

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone Cristi! I like the composition, and with darker shadows it could be an awesome B&W photograph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Wouter and your version of this picture.

    ReplyDelete