Friday 4 July 2008

Guy Smoking

GRD II, f4.5, 1/250, ISO 100, RAW, 40mm

I usually try to use titles from songs, movies or words in the picture for my posts and pictures. This time I simply decided to use a description of the picture for the title.
Today, I used my lunch break again to walk around the City and take pictures. My timing was pretty bad though and I missed some nice shots due to that. Still, I got an idea for my theme for next week and also found the right location for it.
This shot came out very nice and I like the fact that he is looking right at me. While I usually try to avoid interaction with people so not to intrude and influence the scene I think sometimes the interaction makes for a better picture.

2 comments:

  1. The 40mm seems like really good glass. I think so too that this photograph came out nicely.

    I haven't done any photography for more than a week now. I still have the camera with the dust, but I don't want to make any photographs with it. I will constantly see the dust particle, and that will drive me mad. Maybe I load up the batteries for my old Oly and shoot with that tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 40mm lens is indeed very good although sometimes prone to flare but works ok if you keep this in mind and compose accordingly. Although for this shot I had to crop since I could not get closer and 60-85mm would have been better.

    Sorry to hear you could not go out shooting. Hope you get a positive reply from Ricoh soon. Maybe you should send it in for now to get it fixed in the meantime and then see what they say.

    ReplyDelete