Tuesday 8 July 2008

Gate 2

GRD II, f5.6, 1/400, ISO 200, RAW

When I was younger I liked drawing scenes with a lot of people and action inside and my favorite paintings also have people and something happening in them.
In photography people often try to use shallow DOF to get rid of distracting elements I find that this also takes away any life in the image. I find that street photography using shallow DOF is lazy and lifeless. I really like busy scenes since they reward someone for looking closer and even after seeing the picture a few times one can still find new things in there.
While this picture today is not a perfect example of this it is close enough. I cropped it to the 16:9 format since I find that it enhances the composition.

2 comments:

  1. Some great shots you posted recently. I really enjoyed the smoking guy and the rainy tunnel picture.
    This one is great, too, but I would have cropped it a little more on the right side, probably.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Delacruz. Glad you enjoy the pictures.

    Think you are right with the right side and I thought of that but decided to leave it as it is. But I think cropping it slightly would have been better afterall.

    ReplyDelete