Wednesday 23 July 2008

Colors

GRD II, f6.3, 1/640, ISO 200, RAW

A very interesting thing I found during my recent trip to Korea was the amount of churches they have. Considering that most countries around are more Buddhist it was something I did not expect. So when I saw this group in front of St. Paul's today, I could not resist to take a picture.
It was a snapshot more than anything and I took it because of my observation while in Korea. While usually this picture would not have ended up on my blog, I had no choice but use it today.

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy your writing as much as your photos. Sometimes your writing is more interesting than the photo. Like this one. :P

    Have you updated your GRDII with firmware 2.10 (http://www.ricoh.co.jp/dc/download/
    grd2/wingr2.html)? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Mike! At least it was not a completely useless post for yesterday ;).
    One thing I noticed is that I actually rotated the image in a way that is not even anymore. Need to re-upload a fixed version.

    Haven't updated it yet but will do so in the next hours and report back in todays post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting, here in my city (Las Palmas) we have had for over 30 years a Korean church. It is quite a peculiar building and it stands in a high point, where it can be easily seen from nearly all the city. It seems to be a very strong and commited comunity, and it is frequent to seen their van doing the pick up for church around the city..It seems like a devoted nationality.

    Nice colours in the picture. 16:9 is definetely a very suitable format for "enviromental portraits"..

    Best, Erik.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erik, this is indeed very interesting to hear. Was not aware that there are many Koreans in Spain.

    I started to like the 16:9 format for pictures after looking at your blog. Makes a nice difference for certain pictures.

    ReplyDelete