Saturday 14 June 2008

Stranded

LC1, f2.4, 1/40, ISO 200, JPG, 90mm

LC1, f2.1, 1/40, ISO 200, JPG, 52mm

Another day with the LC1. This time I got the chance to use it for documentary/reportage pictures. Then again, any street photography is documentary style anyway. While walking around central London I came across this accident and decided to stick around and take some pictures. It was very interesting since people thought I am a reporter. This and the bus driver got annoyed when I took some pictures of him :). Very pleased how the LC1 worked in this situation, the zoom ring is great although the auto focus could be faster and more reliable.
While I still shoot mostly jpg with it the RAW quality is impressive. A quick comparison with an M8 jpg shows that while there is a difference in the pictures it is not a difference to be worth almost 20x more in price.

4 comments:

  1. Great photos Cristi. At first I thought it was a mainland driver, but the bus is from Brighton :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wouter.
    I thought the same since he drove on the right side of the road instead of the wrong (or left) side preferred here in the UK ;).
    I found it quite ironic that the front of the bus was full with beer :). Have to upload the full series on Flickr soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..You got to love "Stella Artois"...

    Fine eye mate, hilarious capture..

    Erik

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Erik. The beer is what made it for me, I find it just great :D.

    ReplyDelete