Tuesday 29 April 2008

100


Today is my 100th post on the blog! :D
Can't believe I managed to keep this up and never skip a day. As I said on my 50th post, it is a very interesting experience and I really enjoy updating the blog every day. I am happy about the comments I recieve and glad that people follow it.

To "celebrate" I decided to try out a different blogger page and at the same time create a backup of my blog. So I started to play around with Wordpress since quite a few people use it so I thought I give it a go. While I don't think I'll move my blog there it certainly is very nice and offers some advantages. You can check out my blog at Wordpress via this URL but it is still "under construction": ricohgrdiary.wordpress.com

For my picture for today I decided to try something different and not just have the number 100 in my picture or just using any picture. Instead I set myself the target of taking 100 pictures in one day. And not just any 100 pictures but good pictures that could each stand on their own as a picture for the day. This by itself would not be such a big problem since I took more than 100 pictures on certain days while in Japan since there was so much to see. The problem is trying to do this on a working day and a rainy day at that (this is the reason for the mostly greyish pictures). Anyway, I managed to take exactly 100 presentable images after deleting a lot since these were blurry or not good to begin with. I am quite pleased with the images and think that most could have done well on their own as my pic for the day. By the way, there is one picture there that has the number 100 :).

I used the program Andrea Mosaic to create this 46MP image, this beats my previous 26MP picture I had for Valentine's day. It is very good and freeware so check it out since you can create different mosaic pictures and it's very fast in operation. The only downside is that I could not find out how to stop the program from using all pictures in landscape mode but if I do find a way I'll re-upload the image.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! and the task you set yourself of taking 100 pictures is quite a steep task, but it is a good outcome... thanks for the tip on the program, and go for the next 100 blogs.

    best
    ronald

    ReplyDelete
  2. 100 pics in a day..!!!??? Certainly not easy.Considering my(short) day to day experience I sometimes even struggle to get ONE decent picture and keep up with my daily existence.. The result is actually very nice. And makes for a very original blogpost as well. Congrats!!

    Keep them coming!!

    Photonhunter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments!

    I like a challenge but it was very difficult yesterday since I only had around 2-3h time to take pictures during the day.

    Will also try to have more challenges for myself in the future and more important provide other short reviews of software and hardware taht might be relevant to give my blog some extra content.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Cristi! 100 daily blogposts is excellent. I just reached 93 posts and started mid December.
    Again congrats, and the wordpress backup blog looks good too.

    Cheers,
    Wouter

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the 100 pics. I wish I had the time to take pics every day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Wouter and Adrian.

    As for having time to take pictures, I always have the camera with me and take it out when walking to the bus/train or to work. Having it always ready when going to get lunch or on your way home will get you a few good pictures every day.

    The blog is what got me focussed enough to take at least one picture evry day. Now I begin to see pictures everywhere and try to get something new. I mentioned it earlier but I think this has improved my photography.

    ReplyDelete