Monday 17 March 2008

The Essentials

GRD, f3.5, 1/13, ISO 64, RAW, flash

If you always wanted to know what I take with me when I travel, I will show you, and if you don't, I'll show you anyway ;).
Since I'll be going to Korea and Japan tomorrow for the next weeks I might not be able to update my blog on a regular basis but don't worry, I will take a picture for each day and upload them whenever I get the chance. This should make for some interesting pictures, since Japan is a great country full of great photo opportunities and Korea should be similar.
Well, since I need to pack and it was a boring day today I have this picture to show. These are the essentials I will always take with me (in this order):

- Ricoh GRD plus 21mm and 40mm lenses, OVF, spare battery, charger and case
- Samsung Q1 Ultra UMPC plus spare battery, an external HDD for backup and power supply
- Ricoh GR1 plus spare film for the "box of chocolates" shots (or "you never know what you're gonna get") ;)
- Mobile phone plus USB charger since it's a lot smaller
- USB Key with 512 MMC card for the sake of carrying with me, never know when (if) it might be usefull
- And last the power plug converter since in all the years we could not decide on a worldwide standard for this which is plain stupid if you ask me (btw, I am in favor of the EU standard plug since it's the smallest and the UK plug needs to go).

Anyway, this is lots of writing for not much to say and I need to get packing so enjoy the picture and keep checking for the next updates.

6 comments:

  1. looks like you got all the kit for your trip,but i,m not sure about that bag mate.Have a good trip and i look forward to the street shots.
    Thanks for all your help with my GRD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, thanks.
    About the bag... Well, it does look better in real life than on the picture. Think the flash did not help ;).

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmmm....thats a lot of gear to be in one bag. Please pardon the dumb question but how do you exactly fit in all the gear? You must have a packing sequence, or the bag has multiple compartments for the individual pieces. I dunno. I have plenty of gear to lug around so i am always on the lookout for alternative solutions...

    If you could enlighten me i would be very grateful. Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chris. I did fit everything in on my way to Korea and Japan although I do not carry everything with me every day and made some changes so now I have slightly less things to carry.

    The bag has 3 compartments and does fit a lot in. Best is to just show you and take some pictures as this will explain better. If will post the URL here today or tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the reply....I am indeed looking forward to having a look at the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Chris.
    Sorry for the delay in posting the pictures. Here are a few, hope this will explain it better.

    http://picasaweb.google.com/Cristian.Sorega/Bag

    I do not always have all 4 cameras with me and have one camera in my jacket pocket together with my mobile phone if it's not too warm.

    ReplyDelete