Thursday 6 March 2008

The Three Ricohs

GRD, f2.4, 1/40, ISO 400, RAW

On some days I have a pretty good idea of what I want to take a picture of or what I want to try out, on some days I have a title in my mind and try to get a picture to fit and on most other days I just see what comes along. Today was one of the days where I had a title in mind. I wanted to use the title "The Three Ricohs" and take a picture of all three Ricoh cameras I own plus accessories. In other words to show off ;). But how do you take a picture of three cameras if one of those has to take the picture. Well, my lift shot yesterday brought me on the idea to use mirrors for that so I tried to improvise something that would work. I had something slightly different in my mind but unfortunatelly I do not have the mirror set-up necessary for that. This is one of a few shots I took but the one that does not look too much like a still life or studio shot.

2 comments:

  1. You can't beat the GR1. The body feels so good in the hand. Simply beautiful. Excellent photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Wouter!
    The GR1 is indeed a great camera and when you hold it it immediately feels right. The only camera that is better is the GRD as it's heavier. When I first held the GRD I knew I must have the camera. Everyone who makes jokes about the looks of the camera or the lack of features immediately understands when you let them hold it.

    This is what Ricoh says about this: "Additionally, we also wanted to make a camera that brought a smile to one's face, just by holding it."

    http://www.ricoh.com/r_dc/gr/gr_digital/story/03.html

    ReplyDelete