Monday 10 March 2008

50 Days and 51 Pictures

GRD, f9, 15sec, ISO 64, RAW, 40mm

Today is the 50th day since I started this blog! :)

I posted 51 pictures under the "One Day, One Picture" theme. Judging from the comments left here and in other forums quite a few people seems to follow the blog. Thanks to all who are reading and especially to the people who have left comments!!

When I started it I did not think many people would read it and I just started it as an incentive for myself to take more pictures and improve on my photography. I mean if you never leave the house without your camera it is a shame not to try and use it every day. What I found out is that I did indeed started to take regular pictures and it did indeed improve my photography since I tried out new things and am always looking for photo opportunities everywhere I am. One thing it did not do is have me take more pictures, on the contrary I take less pictures now but I like the pictures more and think the pictures are generally better.
Initially I thought it must be easy to take one picture every day and while this is easy it is quite difficult to take a GOOD picture every day that you can post.

Well, what is left to say other than I hope you are all enjoying taking pictures with whatever camera you have. And if you want to take more pictures try doing something similar and force you to take at least one picture every day.

This picture while set up this way is exactly what I wanted in order to have the number 50 and to fit it in with the first picture I posted. I did something similar for the "Time" contest in the Ricoh Forum.

Hope you all enjoyed this blog over the last 50 days and will continue to do so.

Below is a selection of my "Top 5" pictures so far.

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed them and will keep doing so!

    I like your phrase: " actually I take less pictures" = quality over quantity!

    best

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ronald!

    Indeed I find that the quality of my pictures improved or at least I have more keepers now that I had before.

    ReplyDelete