Monday 25 February 2008

Sitting on the Bench by the Church

GRD, f5, 1/250, ISO 200, RAW, 40mm

Took this as my only picture today on my way to get lunch and I realy liked it so decided to keep it as my picture for the day.
I will follow up on another theme from my visit to the Focus show yesterday. First is that a lot of people are impressed by the Ricoh GRD and they do stand out in the crowd, especially with the OVF and 40mm lens attached. Second I do believe that Samsung and most UMPC manufacturers are completely miss-marketing the devices.
Everytime I take the Q1U out people are impressed and want to know more about it. I think I've sold more people on the Q1U or the idea of UMPC recently than Samsung has done with their marketing. As mentioned before especially for photographers these devices are perfect as they can replace a picture viewer and a notebook in most circumstances. I can't imagine why the manufacturers try to market these devices for business applications to replace a BlackBerry or notebook. UMPCs are not as small as a BB and not as productive as a notebook for business people. But UMPCs are great for photographers to store images, edit images and upload images on the go. UMPCs are also very good for travel as a mediaplayer and checking emails. Why no manufacturers markets the devices like this but always try to go for the business route I'll never understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment